In 2005 the airport was a pasture grass strip and a pole barn hangar. Since then –
- A Public Trust with 9 volunteer directors was formed.
- A mile of hard surface runway was built.
- The board purchased 16 acres adjacent to the airport for development
- 25 commitments to lease lots and build hangars were secured.
- Development loan secured to develop the hangar tract and build a fuel farm.
- 35 hangar lots with utilities and taxiways were developed.
- Self service Jet / Avgas fuel farm and fuel ramp were built.
- Loan secured to build temporary terminal and rental vehicle storage.
- Entry and entry road built.
- Four hangars built.
- Purchased 20 acres to provide runway safety area, airport entry and future development.
- Built Pavilion for aviation and public events facility.
- 25 acres purchased and fenced for runway safety area.
- Fuel ramp was expanded.
- Fuel farm shelter built.
- Runway lights were installed.
- Runway crack seal and new marking paint.
2016 – 2018
Airport improvements include:
- 80 x 125 hangar
- (4) 45 x 35 hangars for sale
- 5000 gal JET-A fuel truck
- Ramp expansion
- Additional 48 acres, Fencing, & Avigation Lease purchases
- RNAV (GPS)
- Pave entry road
- Fuel Truck Shelter
2019 and beyond:
- WAAS GPS All Weather Approach
- 4 Box PAPPI both ends
- Widen and overlay runway to 75 x 5,200
- AWOS III
- Terminal Hangar
The Adopt-A-Lot program is to raise funds for new airport improvements and grant match funding. We are seeking economic development supporters to pledge tax deductible funds to the airport over a period of time. The supporters will be recognized on the airport web site and with a sign on a hangar lot for lease. For information contact Brent Howard, 918-693-1855.